Pages

About Me

My photo
I enjoy spending time with my husband. He's my best friend. I love watching my kids. My girls Emma and Eva are learning, growing and changing every day. Our little boy Benjamin is a joy and has made Bobby happy to not be the only male in the house! I like to soak up every bit of their littleness, but I'm telling you they are getting so big! They are cute. My stepdaughter Eternity has lived here since 2008 and it's a blessing to have her here. A teenager in the house really adds an interesting dynamic. Seriously, she's a good kid. We live on a busier street and we are doing a lot of work in our backyard to make it prettier. I should say Bobby is doing most of the work. I'm usually holding a baby or caring for one of the kids or keeping them out of harms way as Bobby works with manly, heavy tools. Life is busy, but I don't want to miss the special moments that come along every day.

Monday, April 11, 2011

SPRING!!

 


I must say that I am getting very excited about this time of year.  Each year I seem to appreciate something different, something new that I haven't seen in years passed.  I used to think that winter was so blah, with no green for miles.  But then one year, I saw the trees in a whole new light, the way the branching grow and spread and reach for the sky.  Each tree is so unique, so strong and perfectly designed by God.  I truly love seeing snow laying on the branches of trees, especially pine trees.  Way too awesome!  But I think it's almost safe to say that winter is slowly becoming the season that was, and spring is finally making an appearance.  This week alone we have had very mild temperatures, warm enough for shorts, at least for hot-blooded ol' me.  I did actually wear shorts outside on a walk.  It felt good, but illegal at the same time.  But if it's warm enough, I'm wearing shorts people, despite the fact that I might blind some people! :)  This year I see so much that I can show my kids about God's creation and how He is faithful in changing the seasons.  I see green poking through the soil in our garden.  The birds are making their nests in their usual spots.  As much as I don't like to welcome the sound of chirping birds before sunrise, I really do appreciate their music these days, after a winter of silence.  Pussy willows have always been a favorite of mine.  Many years in the passed, I have missed out on them, but this year I got some from a friend, and the kids are enjoying 'petting' them.  Emma also brought home some grass seeds and a sunflower plant, and it's so cool to see her get excited about growing them.  So, fun!  It is so good to be able to see God's creation and it's beauty no matter where we are.  Whether we live in the big city, in a sea of houses and buildings, or in the country where peace resides.  I love the country.  It's where I grew up.  But I live in a small city now.  So, when I visit my parents or other friends in the county, I appreciate it soooo much more now.  I took it all for granted when I grew up there.  And as much as I long to live in the country, I am learning to be thankful for what I have, where I am, where God has me.  Let's enjoy each new day of signs of life as spring makes it way.  It all happens so quickly, and before we know it, it will be winter again!  (sorry to say it, but we all know it's true!) :)   Here's a favorite past time for the Halek's, no matter what time of year it is...

We can never turn down Eternity's much coveted chocolate chip cookies.  These cuties will never turn them down!

No comments: