Pages

About Me

My photo
I enjoy spending time with my husband. He's my best friend. I love watching my kids. My girls Emma and Eva are learning, growing and changing every day. Our little boy Benjamin is a joy and has made Bobby happy to not be the only male in the house! I like to soak up every bit of their littleness, but I'm telling you they are getting so big! They are cute. My stepdaughter Eternity has lived here since 2008 and it's a blessing to have her here. A teenager in the house really adds an interesting dynamic. Seriously, she's a good kid. We live on a busier street and we are doing a lot of work in our backyard to make it prettier. I should say Bobby is doing most of the work. I'm usually holding a baby or caring for one of the kids or keeping them out of harms way as Bobby works with manly, heavy tools. Life is busy, but I don't want to miss the special moments that come along every day.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Emma turns FIVE???

Emma a few days old.  Our little pooky bum

We had some cupcakes on her actual birthday.  Yes, those are pajamas, she was actually feverishly sick on her birthday :(  I had a picture of her other cake and some other cute pics, but of course, they turned up sideways, no matter how many ways I turned them!  Very frustrating!  
Yes, it's true.  She turned five.  I can hardly believe it!!  I can still remember the day I found out I was pregnant, unsure of this whole venture we call parenthood!  I remember being told to eat whatever I wanted during pregnancy because I would lose it no problem afterwards.  LIES!!  Still working on that one!!  And I remember the morning that I went into labour, so not knowing what I was in for!!!  But it was a wonderful day when Emma came into the world!!  Born in the tub, still in her water sac, it was considered a very rare occurrence and a special birth.  She weighed in at 8 lbs 9 oz, 21 inches long.  Five years later she is passed my elbow in height.  She's a big girl.  She has always towered over kids her age and she is quite the little mother to her classmates at nursery school.  Emma loves being a girl.  She loves to dress up and pretend she's all grown up.  She loves to be cuddled with and read to and loved.  We are so blessed to have this beautiful little girl to raise up in the fear of the Lord.  It is so important to just stop and enjoy our kids every day if we can.  All of those older men and women that I've struck up a conversation with in the grocery store were right.  'Enjoy them because it goes by so fast!'  Each one of us who is younger than someone else, should heed their words of wisdom, because they are often right!!  We love you Emma!!  Keep smiling!!

Emma loves to be with Eva, her little sister





Emma has loved being a big sister to Benjamin since moment number one, seriously!!

No comments: