Pages

About Me

My photo
I enjoy spending time with my husband. He's my best friend. I love watching my kids. My girls Emma and Eva are learning, growing and changing every day. Our little boy Benjamin is a joy and has made Bobby happy to not be the only male in the house! I like to soak up every bit of their littleness, but I'm telling you they are getting so big! They are cute. My stepdaughter Eternity has lived here since 2008 and it's a blessing to have her here. A teenager in the house really adds an interesting dynamic. Seriously, she's a good kid. We live on a busier street and we are doing a lot of work in our backyard to make it prettier. I should say Bobby is doing most of the work. I'm usually holding a baby or caring for one of the kids or keeping them out of harms way as Bobby works with manly, heavy tools. Life is busy, but I don't want to miss the special moments that come along every day.

Monday, November 29, 2010

This blogging business..

I have to say that doing a blog has proven that I am no longer computer savy.  I want to make my blog esthetically pleasing, but man, I've been doing a lot of fiddling and can't seem to get it how I want it.  Making it pretty is the scrapbooker in me.  I've done some digital scrapbooking on the computer so I've learned how to fiddle, but I seriously feel like I'm missing something on here.  It probably takes practice right?  I'm kind of getting tired of Facebook and how distracting it can be, so I'm trying to gradually make the shift to just doing a blog.  And if you want to read it, you can very easily.  Facebook is so distracting and overwhelming to me these days.  As a mom, I feel like if I use the blog as a sort of journal, at least there will be some record somewhere of all the exciting things that happen in our family.  Just the every day stuff.  Like for example, right now, I'm making a sorry attempt at potty training Eva.  It's just an emotional rollercoaster for me.  Yay! You peed on the potty!!!  Oh man, you peed on the floor again.  Oh yay, more pee laundry.  I guess that's the life of a mom in general.  It has it's ups and it's downs.  But after almost 5 days, I am still feeling fairly determined to get her trained!  There have been promising moments and discouraging moments, but I know she will get there eventually.  I kind of felt the same hopelessness at times with Emma and now she is so good at using the washroom and she even boldly proclaims that she's going to use the washroom as she runs up the stairs.  It's awesome!  Anyways, there's my thoughts on potty training and the fact that it will eventually happen. I have to have faith!!  Here's a picture of my Eva who has her own sense of style and is not afraid to show it!  This was at an open house at Emma's nursery school.  Eva makes herself right at home there.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Just want to experiment with the comment feature :)