Pages

About Me

My photo
I enjoy spending time with my husband. He's my best friend. I love watching my kids. My girls Emma and Eva are learning, growing and changing every day. Our little boy Benjamin is a joy and has made Bobby happy to not be the only male in the house! I like to soak up every bit of their littleness, but I'm telling you they are getting so big! They are cute. My stepdaughter Eternity has lived here since 2008 and it's a blessing to have her here. A teenager in the house really adds an interesting dynamic. Seriously, she's a good kid. We live on a busier street and we are doing a lot of work in our backyard to make it prettier. I should say Bobby is doing most of the work. I'm usually holding a baby or caring for one of the kids or keeping them out of harms way as Bobby works with manly, heavy tools. Life is busy, but I don't want to miss the special moments that come along every day.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Can it be? Is it true?

I think Eva has had a major break through with the potty training!  I'm sure she'll appreciate that I posted this on our blog in 10 or 15 years.  But I'm excited to share it with whoever happens to be reading this.
Yesterday I very nearly gave up after she peed on one of our dining room chairs.  That was the end for me.  I was getting more impatient with each accident I was cleaning up, but trying to hold it together at the same time.  Not easy for an extravert like myself.  I bought some pull ups a few days before and have been using them on her for sleeping and outtings.  The annoying thing was that she wasn't really feeling as wet as I think she should be while wearing a pull up.  Is there any difference (besides price and fancy artwork) between a diaper and a pullup?  You'd think I would know the answer to that one!  Anyways, aside from all that, yesterday I told her to sit on the potty after supper and miraculously after a minute she had done her business.  I figured it was just a fluke.  But then today she had no accidents and peed on the potty about 7 or 8 times!  I guess you can say that WE'RE trained.  She is getting it.  It's amazing!  Now we just have to stay consistent and to keep reminding her and to not get lazy.  That is oh so easy to do when life gets busy.  Anyways, I just wanted to say that I'm feeling a lot less like a failure.  It's cool to see her succeed at something she wasn't too thrilled about at first.  Smarties and high fives all the way!! 

2 comments:

truthwillreign said...

That is so cool to read! I'm glad that Eva is learning and growing through the potty-training stage! Life is full of joy! It was good to read a glimpse of your lives, Laura!

Laura said...

Thanks Robert. Good to know it's been read ;)